Established in 1981, Ferrier Pumps has grown to become a major force in the world of pumps and associated equipment, providing a wide range of services to an extremely broad and varied client base.
With three offices situated in Scotland; Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen we have the ability to service a customer base that stretches from the Shetland Isles all the way down to the North of England.
We provide full back up repair and maintenance coverage for the products, equipment and services we supply and install.
We have a wide client base which ranges from Agricultural, Oil & Gas, Marine, Biogas, Brewing & Distilling, Water & Power Leisure, and Food Processing.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Trainee Storeman at our Glasgow branch.
This is a hands-on role where you will play a key part in the day to day operations.
We are ideally looking for a good team player, able to work effectively under pressure, who is looking for a challenge.
Operating under the direction of the manager and always maintaining the highest standards of Health & Safety throughout, your duties will involve:
- The unloading and loading of goods, using a forklift. Training would be provided to the right candidate
- Efficiently stack and store products in the appropriate areas
- Pull and prepare orders for dispatch
- Maintain a safe site, reporting any accidents or potential risks to management
- Complete all associated paperwork and documentation, as well as maintaining related company operational records
- Ensure a high standard of service is provided to customers
- Assist in obtaining regular customer feedback
- Contribute towards the continued development of our brand
- Plan and organise stock control and deliveries
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively, while also demonstrating strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Have a willingness to learn and be challenged in the pumping industry
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to tight deadlines
- Successful candidate should possess good presentation skills
- Full driving license
Ferrier Pumps offer a competitive package, with excellent benefits and company pension.
Full training will be provided to the right candidate.
Monday to Friday
Work remotely: No